Sunday, February 5, 2017

“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

Springtime is the best time in Florida to me, as I am not one for the heat of summer. I’m a list maker and that’s for sure so I will list what I like to do in spring aside from school and work.


When I do go to the beach, I prefer Cape Canaveral in New Smyrna in spring. I love the privacy, and yes there is a nude beach there but I choose the fully clothed area of the beach; it’s truly best for all parties involved. 

Feel rich for a whole weekend. #taxreturn #makeupcounter

Attend both the Mount Dora and Winter Park art festivals.

Pick blueberries in Lake County at Lake Catherine. I highly recommend; I go every year. http://www.lakecatherineblueberries.com

This spring the feminist club I sponsor will host a spoken word/Slam fest during lunch to celebrate Poetry Month.

This spring I will graduate with my master’s in teaching. Woo hoo!



8 comments:

  1. Christine,
    I love to make lists as well! I always feel that Spring is at time of productivity and I appreciate your quote a lot. Mount Dora is a beautiful city and has a really beautiful restaurant for brunch that's on a balcony overlooking the main street there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! Your spring sounds amazing and I just now realized after reading yours and everyone else's that were we supposed to post about our Spring Breaks. I thought open post meant write about whatever you wanted. lol Congratulations in advance on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine. Your spring sounds incredibly productive and exciting. I love visiting New Smyrna. That beach is beautiful. I grew up in Brevard County so I would go there or to Playlinda all the time. I really enjoyed taking my dogs to the dog beach up there; way better view than the nude beach. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes- home stretch to graduation! I agree right now is the time to be outside. Summer is miserable here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of everything on your list, what stuck out was going blueberry picking! I have never done that before and would love to go sometime. I didn't too from from there, so I may try that farm sometime! I also love that you made a list for everything you want to do. I am the same way when it comes to lists. I have a to-do list sitting next to me right now. (Can't wait to cross off "do HW" for tonight!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to celebrate this spring. I haven't been out to Lake Catherine's for blueberries, but will head there. If you haven't picked peaches here, find Uncle Matt's facebook page, delicious! I have always thought we should do summer break in the spring in Florida. I too prefer Canaveral over any other beach in Central Florida. You will most likely find me at Parking lot 8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great place to go for privacy is Satellite Beach. I love it. There was no one there the last time I went. I prefer going toward Sarasota. Their beaches are beautiful. I also love the spring because my birthday is in the spring. haha! Oh and of course SPRING BREAK!! I don't do much, I tend to stay in the house so hopefully this spring I can do things. AND congratulations on your future graduation.

    ReplyDelete