Saturday, April 22, 2017

That's All Folks!




I learned that while I am quite the indolent writer; if I have set goals in place (with a reminder), it’s not really that hard to keep a blog updated. I also learned that I enjoy publishing an entry and I’d like to continue doing this personally. I learned that being a member of a digital writing community is an engaging way to share writings with one another. I know that I will integrate blogging into my classroom. I will choose a test class period to start with; in order to work out any bugs initially. Once they are off and running, I can will incorporate blogging in my other classes. This is an engaging method to get (even the most reluctant writer-me!) to write. I look forward to asking students for recommendations for post topics at the start of next year. My greatest challenge blogging was commenting on more than a couple of posts. It is easy to convince yourself that you will return to respond further; in spite of the fact, that you likely will not, I know didn’t.

“This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”


3 comments:

  1. The commenting can be the toughest part. I try to make a routine of commenting. When it is your students, you might be more systematic about it. Good work finishing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,

    I love the Walt Whitman excerpt. I can't believe this grueling semester is coming to a close, and that I will see you in our caps and gowns so soon! I have loved reading your blog, because it is as hilarious, satirical and honest as you are. I really do hope you keep writing. But even if you don't, I hope we continue to share resources and encouragement, and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss you Michelle Atkinson Kuhn! You truly are an inspiration :) Best to you and the hubs on your new journey <3

      Delete